TOWN CLERK RE-OPENING/APPOINTMENT INFORMATION ( As of June 3, 2020)
In an effort to maintain the health and safety of visitors/employees as well as to expedite your visit, the following guidelines below will help you prepare for your visit to the Town Clerk’s office, in-person, beginning Monday, June 8, 2020 with hours of operation from 10:00am-3:00pm:
NOTE: Online/Email business interaction remains preferable. Applications and additional information are available on the Town Clerk’s webpage at http://www.southamptontownny.gov/183/Applications-Forms
- Visitors will be required to make an appointment to visit the Town Clerk’s Office. Each appointment will be for 1-person, with the exception for 2-people for marriage license applications and disability permits if an individual requires assistance. Please call 631-287-5740 during business hours to arrange an appointment.
- All applications must be completed prior to visit. Our office will not be making copies of applications or other paperwork so please make sure if you want copies of anything submitted to make them prior to your appointment.
- Marriage licensing is currently limited to year-round Southampton Town residents and homeowners through July 1, 2020, proof of residency is required prior to appointment. Applicants should visit our website page to review the required original documents needed to apply to prepare for appointment at this link: http://southamptontownny.gov/261/Marriages and note that both applicants must fill out an application prior to visit. Once marriage applicants have their documents in order they may then call to make an appointment. Reminder: marriage licenses are valid for 60-days and require a 24-hr waiting period prior to use.
- Please be on time for appointments, we suggest you arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment. If you are not present at the time of your appointment we will move onto the next customer and you will need to reschedule to the next available time slot which may not always be the same day.
- Forms of payment remain cash or check.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required.
- Notarizing of documents will be limited to Town Clerk applications only.
- F.O.I.L. request form:
- Bids will continue to be opened via video until further notice, videos will be posted on the website in a timely manner and bid results will be posted on the Towns website at: http://bids.southamptontownny.gov/Default.aspx
Please direct questions to our email address at email@example.com. Please include your name, address and phone # in your email in the event we need to reach you. We look forward to seeing you in person!
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.
Sundy A. Schermeyer
Southampton Town Clerk, RMC
Sundy A. Schermeyer
Email Sundy A. Schermeyer
Town Hall - Map
116 Hampton Rd.
Southampton, NY 11968
Monday - Friday
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Hampton Bays Annex - Map
25 Ponquogue Ave.
Hampton Bays, NY 11946
Tuesday & Thursday
Closed until further notice