IMPORTANT Information to prepare for your visit
In an effort to maintain the health and safety of visitors/employees as well as to expedite your visit, the following guidelines below will help you prepare for your visit to the Town Clerk’s office:
- Southampton Office: Open Monday - Friday in-person, on a first-come, first-serve basis between 9:00am - 4:00pm.
- Hampton Bays Annex: Open Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:00am – 4:00pm. Please call 631-723-2712 from parking lot and someone will come out to assist you.
NOTE: Online/Email or mail business interaction remains preferable. Please direct questions to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and phone # in your email in the event we need to reach you. We look forward to seeing you in person!
Applications and additional information are available on the Town Clerk’s webpage at http://www.southamptontownny.gov/183/Applications-Forms All applications must be completed prior to visit. Our office will not be making copies of applications or other paperwork so please make sure if you want copies of anything submitted to make them prior to your appointment.
Marriage licensing is currently limited to year-round Southampton Town residents and homeowners; proof of residency is required prior to appointment. Applicants should visit our webpage to review the required original documents needed to apply to prepare for appointment at this link: http://southamptontownny.gov/261/Marriages and note that both applicants must fill out an application prior to visit. Once marriage applicants have their documents in order they may visit the Town Clerk’s Office on a first-come, first-serve basis between 9:00am – 3:00pm. Reminder: marriage licenses are valid for 60-days and require a 24-hr waiting period prior to use.
- Forms of payment remain cash or check.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required.
- Notarizing of documents will be limited to Town Clerk applications only.
- F.O.I.L. request form: http://www.southamptontownny.gov/DocumentCenter/View/144/FOIL-Request-Form-PDF
- Bids will continue to be opened via video until further notice, videos will be posted on the website in a timely manner. Bid results will be posted on the website: http://bids.southamptontownny.gov/Default.aspx
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.
Sundy A. Schermeyer
Southampton Town Clerk, RMC