Dear Neighbors and Visitors:
As a coastal community, we must be prepared for an emergency, whether it is a hurricane, flood, heavy rain or snow storm. Town of Southampton encourages all residents to stay informed and sign-up for Notify Me®,
a convenient and easy-to-use communication tool that allows citizens to receive town-related information directly to their email or mobile device.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you may Unsubscribe.
Residents are also encouraged to pick-up or download a copy of our Be Prepared
pocket guide. (Available in English & Spanish
) which is filled with valuable information including important telephone numbers.
The Town urges residents to take precautions and prepare for the challenges an emergency event could present:
- Keep your cell phone fully-charged and use it as little as possible in case of a power outage. Quickly report an outage by texting "OUT" to PSEGLI (773454). You will receive confirmation that your outage has been submitted and will begin receiving ongoing updates as the status of your outage changes. This requires one-time registration. To register text REG to 773454.
- Stock up on items such as bottled water, nonperishable food, medications and first aid items, lanterns and batteries, candles and matches, baby formula and supplies, pet food and pet supplies, etc.
- Bring in any items that can be picked-up by the wind (bicycles, lawn furniture, garbage receptacles).
- Turn your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting. Keep them closed as much as possible so that food will last longer if the power goes out.
- Fill your car’s gas tanks ahead of time.
We encourage all citizens to use these resources to assist you in keeping you and your family safe and to stay informed with both emergency and enjoyable information.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Town's Citizens' Response Center (CRC) at (631) 702-2440
Stay informed by joining us on the Town's Facebook