The Special Events Application Form is required for any special event, as defined in Chapter 283 Southampton Town Code, including, but not limited to, carnivals, circuses, fairs, bazaars, outdoor shows, horse shows, exhibitions, and concerts. With the adoption of the updated law, parades and events that require road closures no longer fill out a Special Event Application, but complete a separate Parade Permit Application.
- 2021 Special Events Application Instructions (PDF)
- 2021 Special Events Application (PDF)
- Incident Action Plan Instructions (PDF)
- 2021 Incident Action Plan (PDF)
- Town Code Chapter 283 Special Events and Parades
- Amendment Chapter 283 Special Events (2018)
The Parade Application (PDF) Form is required for events such as parades, runs, walks, marathons, biking events, etc. that take place on roadways within Southampton Town. In addition to this application, Chapter 283 Southampton Town Code requires specific material to be submitted in conjunction with this form, as well as the items indicated on the application checklist provided.
A Film Permit is required for public and private property shoots of twenty-five or more individuals engaging in the activity of filming or photographing a commercial, movie, documentary. TV program, catalog or magazine layout or any other presentation for commercial or educational purposes.
- 2021 Filming Application Instructions (PDF)
- 2021 Filming Application (PDF)
- Town Code Chapter 162 (Filming)
- Amendment Chapter 162-2 Filming (20 18)
- 2019 List of Special Event/Parade Applications (PDF)
- 2018 List of Special Event / Parade Applications (PDF)
- 2017 List of Special Event / Parade Applications (PDF)
- 2016 List of Special Event / Parade Applications (PDF)
- 2015 List of Special Event / Parade Applications (PDF)
To properly complete a Special Events Permit, other permits may be required. These additional may include separate fees. Please reference the list of permits below.
Facility Use Permit - Department of Parks & Recreation
If the Event is to be held at a town park, beach, or other town-owned property, a Facility Use Permit will be needed. Call the Parks and Recreation Department at 631-728-8585.
Tent Permit Application - Department of Fire Prevention
If the event requires erecting a tent / canopy / awning, a Tent Application (PDF) will be needed. Call Fire Prevention at 631-702-2919.
Commercial Animal Enterprise Permit Application - Department of Animal Control
If the event involves animals, such as a carnival, zoo, or circus, a Commercial Animal Enterprise Permit Application (PDF) will be needed. Additional information can be obtained by contacting Animal Control at 631-702-2915.
Fireworks Application - Department of Fire Prevention
If the event involves fireworks, a Fireworks Application (PDF) will be needed. Call Fire Prevention at 631-702-2919.
Beverage & Food Service
If there is any beverage and/or food service connected with the event, then a separate application must be made to the Suffolk County Department of Health Services, Food Unit. Contact them at 631-852-5873 or 631-852-5999.