Grievance Complaint Deadline
Third Tuesday in May – Grievance Day
Grievance Day will be held at: Southampton Town Hall
Lower Level Meeting Room, 116 Hampton Road, Southampton NY 11968
To file a formal complaint to the Board of Assessment Review protesting the assessment or an exemption shown on the tentative assessment roll (May 1, 2023 Tentative Roll will be available to the public). Grievance forms are available at the Town Hall or can be downloaded online (PDF). (It is advisable to supply all supporting documentation with your grievance when you file the grievance form.)
How do I file my Grievance?
General Information and Instructions for Filing
- In person: Town Hall - Drop off application at Town Hall 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- In person: Southampton Town Hall, Lower Level Meeting Room, 116 Hampton Road, Southampton NY 11968
- Hours: 9:00am to 1:00pm, and 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Online: 24-hours, May 1 - May 16, 2023
The electronic grievance portal will close promptly at 4:00pm-May 16.
Attn: Assessor’s Office
116 Hampton Road, Southampton NY 11968
- Facsimiles will not not accepted.
Please note: You do not have to appear in person to file your Grievance Complaint, as all grievances received will be reviewed in detail by the Board of Assessment Review.