Tupper Boat House - This historic landmark in North Sea was built between 1929 and 1931 and served as a workshop for boats for the Tupper Motorcraft Boat Company before being turned into a night-club in 1959. It was also called “Conscience Point”. Southampton Town purchased the property in 2003 using Community Preservation Funds. It is now being renovated using $450,000.00 in Super Storm Sandy disaster relief funding. The Town also runs the marina located at Conscience Point and the walking trail to the historic marker at the tip of Conscience point. The “marker” similar to “Plymouth Rock” marks the location where the first settlers are believed to have landed. The Marina features: 20 floating dock slips, 44 bulkheaded slips with electric.
Current vision for future use of the building: museum, boat building, gallery, exhibit area, aqua culture area and education center
CPF involved as funder for restoration as well as other outside funding