What is a Special Assessment District Covenant?
It is a covenant which the Road Review Committee and the Town Board require in connection with the request to build on a lot on a private road. When properly executed and signed, becomes a legal document which must be filed in the Suffolk County Clerk’s Office. This covenant runs with the land and in the event said parcel is petitioned to be entered into the Highway System by way of the Town Law 200 process, said parcel is automatically included in the road frontage. Download the “Blank Special Assessment District Covenant” forms and instructions and the “Suffolk County Recording and Endorsement Page.”

Please call the Engineering Division at 631-702-1750 if you need assistance.

Show All Answers

1. I need to hire a professional or licensed consultant / contractor (i.e. engineer, land surveyor, etc.). Can the Town refer me to someone?
2. Where can I find the Engineering Fee Schedule?
3. What is stormwater pollution?
4. I have a street flooding issue. Whom should I contact?
5. What is a “Determination of Potential for Flooding” Form, and do I need to file one?
6. Where can I find the Town Road and Drainage Standards?
7. What is a Special Assessment District Covenant?
8. I live on a private road. Where can I find information to bring my private road into the Town Highway System?