Why does USACE need to access to my property?

It is the responsibility of the Town to obtain access to all the real estate, in the form of perpetual easements, that USACE requires to construct Contract 3 of the Project within the Town of Southampton. In order to construct the dune and beach profile, various pre-construction and construction activities have to take place on approximately 85 private ocean-front parcels along the length of the Project. These activities require USACE, DEC, and the Town to have appropriate access on the parcels.

Show All Answers

1. What is the FIMP project?
2. What is an engineered beach and dune system?
3. Will the geo-cubes/geo-tubes on the eastern border of Quogue be removed by USACE?
4. If sand has accreted above the dune design elevation, will the Corps still add more sand on the dune?
5. Why does USACE need to access to my property?
6. How were the required access areas determined?
7. What is the easement needed for USACE to construct and maintain the project?
8. What are the key provisions of the perpetual easement?
9. Can structures be relocated?
10. What is the process for the town to acquire easements?
11. What is the schedule for easements, acquisitions and construction?
12. Who can we contact if we have more questions?