The Town’s transportation program is one of our top priorities and important to our seniors and their families. This service can be a lifeline to many seniors enabling them to remain in their own home and community. One ride at a time!
This important program is designed to aid residents of the Town of Southampton. It can be used for transportation to and from basic essential services such as shopping, bank, post office, drug store, hair dresser, barber shop, non-emergency medical visits, governmental agencies and hospital / nursing home visitation of a sick spouse.
This service is available to senior citizens and/or handicapped individuals within the township, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
- Transportation will be provided according to a regular planned schedule.
- Travelers will be taken to the closest shopping/drop off areas whenever possible.
- The Senior Shuttle Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Riders must be residents of the Town of Southampton, at least 60 years of age or handicapped.
- Please register in advance with the Senior Shuttle Office 631-728-1110.
- Tuesday: Riverhead
- Wednesday: Hampton Bays
‘For those confined to a wheel chair, transportation to medical appointments via a bus equipped with a hydraulic lift is available. Medical appointments must be made well in advance (minimum 5 days notice required if possible), and if any type of assistance is needed a responsible adult is requested to accompany the person. Medical appointment times are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and are taken on a first come-first serve basis so we can serve each of those in need as quickly and conveniently as possible.